Saturday, January 20, 2018

I Am Woman - or in this case Women

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

The Lost Coast Portal Event for January has the theme "I Am Woman" and LCD's website has so many great stamps featuring women.  This is one of my favorites -  Early Stitch n' Bitch.
 
I stamped my ladies with black ink onto white card stock and cut them out.  The only color I added was to their hands and faces and their little wicker basket of yarn.
I mounted them with foam tape to a patterned piece of paper that reminded me of old wallpaper you might find in someone's sitting room.  I edged it with some distress ink and a black sticker border along the bottom.  I punched out the old clock face from a collage sheet and added that above the ladies.  I stamped my sentiment with black ink and cut out around it, edging it with black ink and positioned it to the left side.  You can find this fun stamp Bottom of Wine Bottle at the Carmen's Veranda website along with a lot of other fun new sayings.
I finished this off by mounting it to a piece of torn edged watercolor paper.
Now go see what fun stuff you can make for the challenge!

4 comments:

Sue said...

I really love this Laurie, such fun!

Dotty Jo said...

Excellent! Jo x

Craftyfield said...

Difficult to imagine those ladies contemplating the bottom of a wine bottle but this is much more fun for it! I need this sentiment...

ionabunny said...

This is such a fun piece Laurie. Love the colours and the ladies and the sentiment. Hugz